I Got A Device. Now what?
$70 Individual Rate, $60 Group Rate (4 or more)
March 6th, 2020
8:15 AM – 3:45 PM
100 Blassingame Rd
Greenville, SC 29605
Dive deep into AAC from start to service
Join us March 6th, 2020 to take a deep dive into Augmentative and Alternative Communication Disorders with Laura Maganini and Carrie Cruce. As speech language pathologists and assistive technology leads in Greenville County Schools, Laura and Carrie will guide attendees from screening and observation tools to report writing and finally will teach hands-on strategies for hi-tech devices through an interactive approach in a 6 hour CEU event!
Buy Tickets Now!
- 8:15 – 8:45 Registration
- 8:45 – 10:00 First things first: Baseline data collection of current communication skills
- 10:00 -12:00 Next steps: Documented trials and the continuum of AAC supports with hands-on learning opportunities
- 12:00 – 1:00 Lunch (on your own)
- 1:00 – 3:15 The heart of the matter: Core vocabulary with hands-on learning opportunities
- 3:15 – 3:45 Last but not least: Questions and Answers
About Our Speakers
Laura Maganini works as a Speech-Language Pathologist and serves as the lead assistive technology coordinator in Greenville County School District. She has worked with students with various special needs for nearly 20 years. As an SLP in Assistive Technology she has been fortunate to partner with therapists, teachers, parents and students to problem solve ways to help students better access their education.
Carrie Cruce works as a Speech-Language Pathologist and serves at the Washington Center as an assistive technology specialist. She has served the students at the Washington Center since 2011.